Rectitude

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YPP Forum for the crew Rectitude on the Sage ocean

How to... create a chat log

Priatecat
    Priatecat

How to... create a chat log Empty How to... create a chat log

Post  Priatecat Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:53 am

Chat logs are exactly what the name says: A log of every single chat that appeared on your screen on Y!PP. They are useful for looking things up or keeping records. You can tell the game to keep automatic chat logs for you by doing the following:

• Go to your Ye panel, then Options at the bottom of the screen.

• A window pops up in the game with several tabs at the top (About, General, Chat, Sound, Mute list, Puzzle keys, Chat shortcuts). Click on the Chat tab.

• You can set several settings according to your own personal taste on the Chat screen, but the one you want to look for for this exercise is the box at the bottom, called Chat logging.

• If you do not have chat logging set up yet, the box next to Chat logging should be empty. To the right of the box are two buttons: Choose... and Disable. Click Choose... This will take you to a screen where you can select a folder where you would like your chat logs to be stored. You should give the logs an identifying name, because after a while they get rather long - depends on how much you play the game and how much people talk while you're online of course - so eventually you might want to start a new log (for example, I keep my logs by months started. I can't remember for the live of me to start a new log every month, but when I do, I name it after that month). The game automatically adds Yourpiratename_Oceanyouplayon to the file name, so if hypothetically you called your log August 2010, your pirate's name (note, the pirate's name, not the account name) is Loggedpirate and you play on Sage, the chat log will display in the folder as Loggedpirate_sage_August 2010.

• OK, so now you've set up your chat log. When you want to access the chat log go to the folder you specified and double click/right click-Open/whatever you do to open a file. You should get a pop up window asking what program to use to open the chat log. Select whatever you want to use: Word, Notepad, etc. The chat log should open as a Read Only document (because it is still recording the chatting on your game, even though you have it open).

If you have any questions or if I have forgotten something, please ask Smile

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:18 pm