Rectitude

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YPP Forum for the crew Rectitude on the Sage ocean

Battle Navigation Tips

Yourcharm
    Yourcharm

Battle Navigation Tips Empty Battle Navigation Tips

Post  Yourcharm Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:54 am

Helloo! Shocked
    Well, since Bnav is.. Pretty much what I do. I figured I may as well post a few tips, nothing too fancy, just a few basics to get you on your way.
    I'm not saying that this is EXACTLY how to bnav , I'm just sharing what I have learnt with you.

1- There are no exact things that bots are 100% definitely going to do. There is always a chance that they will do something you have not seen before

2- It's good to get lots of bnav experience, as you will learn what bots are likely to do, and what you can do to hit them.

3- Don't worry about getting hit, as this doesn't effect your "score" for the bnav too much (obviously it will effect your score for the following SF or rumble).

4- I've been told that the hit ratio is important for getting your bnav score up, meaning in order for your bnav ranking to go up it's best if you can get greater than a 50% hit percentage

5- There is no rush, always remember that. Take your time, if you have jobbers hassling you ignore them, or do some "jobber management" thingy (i tend to just ignore). Scoring is important, as you can tell when you've maxed them, so you don't grapple too early.

6- Certain ships will move in certain ways, merchant style ships, such as cutters, will tend to go forward a lot, where as attack style ships, such as dhows, will tend to go left and right a lot.

I think that's more or less it. Everyone bnav's differently, some people like to get stuck in, some don't. It's all subject to opinion. The way that I bnav against bots is sort of like a skirmish. I like to set myself up to shoot them, shoot, and then put some space between us so i can repeat it all again, until they're out of moves, when i'll get in front or behind of them and shoot them some more affraid

This isn't meant to be a "do this or it won't work" sort of guide, as if i told you what to do, you'd never learn, however i hope these tips are helpful. Good luck! alien

Do feel free to add anything else that i've missed below, but if you have any questions about any of the above please contact me.

pirat